I won’t be hurt if you haven’t even noticed I’ve been gone.
But I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to post. Here are just a few of the things that have happened:
1. Not much running. I have been barely scraping out a few miles a week, and it’s really hurting my performance. Today was the first day in weeks I had a good run, and it was only 5 miles. I remember a few years ago when I was wishing I could run 5 miles, so I’m happy I did it, but still. A month ago I was ready to run a half marathon. Oh, and speaking of that…
2. Not running a half marathon. Remember the Tyranena Beer Run? The race I was most excited to run all year? Yeah. No babysitter = no race. I think this is part of the reason that #1 occurred. It’s hard to get motivated to run when you’re bummed about missing a race.
3. 5th Graders. I’m mentoring a FIRST Lego League team that is getting ready for their first competition. Two evenings a a week, gone. (But it’s a blast!)
4. Holidays. Well, one holiday – Thanksgiving. But I swear it’s thrown me off schedule.
5. I donated stem cells. Definitely a blog post coming on this one when I have more time to type. One of the best experiences of my life.
I’ll be single parenting for a few days this week while my husband is at a conference, so I may actually have more time to blog. Look for some posts coming (hopefully) this week. I have so much I want to say…